.

.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Classroom Books on a Budget

Hey everyone! I am getting prepped for the school year (like many of you-unless you have started....bless your soul) and I came to the realization that teaching is hard. And I am SO glad there are so many teachers out there willing to share their ideas, worksheets, craft ideas, and everything else with little old me. 

But I have noticed there is a gap out there in the teaching internet world- where is all the cute stuff more moderate/severe teachers?!?!

I want a cute classroom, and cute crafts, and cute furniture too! And I want it to be accessible to my students with a variety of needs. 

So I started this blog with the hope that I can help a special ed teacher out there and make his or her life a little easier. So let's get this show on the road!

I am Mrs. Messick, and I teach at an elementary school, where I have a moderate/severe classroom with a handful of the cutest kids ever. I find myself making a lot of stuff because I want to make my life and my student's lives easier. I spent a lot of my free time bettering my classroom because I love individuals with disabilities and teaching them gives me joy.

I have been teaching for three years, and in a few weeks I will begin my fourth year :)

Okay, so let's not make this post completely useless- let's talk about classroom books. Now, I have foraged for classroom books like the best of them, but for my classroom I need a book a week to focus around a letter or a theme.

Because I am a huge nerd, I already planned out the letters and themes for the year, with the accompanying art project. Now I just need to find the matching books. I stumbled across a GREAT deal from betterworldbooks.com. They are having a sale for ONE MORE DAY ONLY to get an additional 40% off their bargain books.



I got 5 books for $11.00! Yes, they are used but everything I own is used....I prefer the term "broken in" anyway. And they are all books I need for this upcoming year. Here are the books headed my way...

Buzz-Buzz, Busy Bees (Bees for 'B' Week)


Hop Jump (Frogs for 'F' Week)



Foxy (Foxes for 'X' week)

Fall (Fall leaves for 'Fall' week)





The Grouchy Ladybug (Ladybugs for 'L' week)

Did I mention all if these were $11.00? That's like $2 a book. Did I mention there is also FREE shipping? It simply does not get any better folks. 

So, go find some books! I am off to see if they will let me in my classroom yet ;P Have a great day!










No comments:

Post a Comment